Monday, April 1, 2019

Getting Back to work - "You don't say"


Getting back to working after a long break is scary.  I have started a number of paintings, bringing them to completion hasn't happened.   I did decide to show "You Don't Say" even though I thought it was not finished.  I decided enough is enough, it was done.  The canvas hung around for twenty-five years.  I painted it once and when my pallet changed, I painted the entire canvas again. I used to get frustrated by paintings in progress but had faith I would keep going and know when the piece was done.  I had a solo show (one of those hospital opportunities) and brought it.  There is quite a bit of traffic in a hospital.  Many people passing made very positive comments about this painting  The gallery was had a handrail and this piece did not fit. That was unfortunate.  I had to bring it home.  More to come ... some in progress work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment